Additional Occupent

We welcome your opinions and debate. Join our huge landlord community where we help each other for success! For serious/complicated questions please post in our protected Professional & Expert Forums. For all legal questions contact a licensed legal rep. Forum is moderated.
chrapchp

Additional Occupent

#1 Unread post by chrapchp » May 10th, 2024, 2:51 pm

On my lease, I have a spot to enter who is living there. The tenant stated just her and I scratched out the form on the lease for other tenants.

She asked me if she could have a friend move in with her after a few couple of months after she moved in. I said as long as we add her to the lease. She was ok with that. Fast forward three months, on a couple of emergency calls, someone else was there. I asked the tenant why was someone living in the unit. She said it was a friend visiting, The place often has a an additional SUV parked. BTW, since she moved in, I replace the dishwasher, washing machine, she denied backing into the garage door--could be her friend--, and did not get the tenant's insurance as per lease agreement. She has purchased tenant's insurance since I asked for proof and did not have it. The latter sentence is perhaps my bias at play at this point

What is my risk to have to me on a tenant having an additional adult living there? What are her risks?

Lee

Re: Additional Occupent

#2 Unread post by Lee » May 10th, 2024, 3:23 pm

You must be logged in to read the additional posts in this topic

# by »

# by »